iCAx开思网

标题: 【资料】A级曲面全面介绍! [打印本页]

作者: auto-lyw    时间: 2004-3-20 08:32
标题: 【资料】A级曲面全面介绍!
在整個汽車開發的流程中,有一工程段稱為 Class A Engineering,重點是在確定曲面的品質可以符合A級曲面的要求。  
所謂A級曲面的定義,是必須滿足相鄰曲面間之間隙在 0.005mm 以下(有些汽車廠甚至要求到 0.001mm),切率改變 ( tangency Change ) 在0.16度以下,曲率改變 (curvature change) 在0.005 度以下,符合這樣的標準才能確保鈑件的環境反射不會有問題。  

a-class包括多方面评测标准,比如说反射是不是好看、顺眼等等。当然,G2可以说是一个基本要求,因为g2以上才有光顺的反射效果。但是,即使G3了,也未必是a-class,也就是说有时虽然连续,但是面之间出现褶皱,此时就不是a-class  
通俗一点说,class-A就必须是G2以上连接。G3连续的面不一定是CLASS-A曲面。  

汽车业界对于a class要求也有不同的标准,GM要求比TOYOTA ,BMW等等要低一些,也就是说gap和angle要求要松一些。  

关于A-class surfaces,涉及曲面的类型的二个基本观点是位置和质量。  

位置——所有消费者可见的表面按A-Surface考虑。汽车的console(副仪表台)属于A-surf,内部结构件则是B-surf。  
质量——涉及曲面拓扑关系、位置、切线、曲面边界处的曲率和曲面内部的patch结构。  

有一些意见认为“点连续”是C类,切线连续是B类,曲率连续是A类。而我想更加适当地定义为C0、C1和C2,对应于B样条曲线方程和它的1阶导数(相切=C1)和它2阶导数(曲率=C2)。  

因此一个A-surf有可能是曲率不连续的,如果那是设计的意图,甚至有可能切线不连续,如果设计意图是一处折痕或锐边,(而通常注塑或冲压不能有锐边,因此A-suuf一定是切线连续(C1)的)。  
第二种思想以汽车公司和白车身制造方面的经验为基础,做出对A-surf更深刻的理解。他们按独立分类做出了同样的定义。  

物理定义:A-surf是那些在各自的边界上保持曲率连续的曲面。  
曲率连续意味着在任何曲面上的任一"点"中沿着边界有同样的曲率半径。  
曲面是挺难做到这一点的  

切向连续仅是方向的连续而没有半径连续,比如说倒角。  

点连续仅仅保证没有缝隙,完全接触。  

事实上,切连续的点连续能满足大部分基础工业(航空和航天、造船业、BIW等)。基于这些应用,通常并无曲率连续的需要。  

A-surf首先用于汽车,并在消费类产品中渐增(牙刷,Palm,手机,洗机机、卫生设备等)。  

它也是美学的需要。  

*点连续(也称为G0连续)在每个表面上生产一次反射,反射线成间断分布。  

*切线连续(也称为G1连续)将生产一次完整的表面反射,反射线连续但呈扭曲状。  

*曲率连续(也称为G2连续的,Alias可以做到G3!)将生产横过所有边界的完整的和光滑的反射线。  

在老的汽车业有这样一种分类法:A面,车身外表面,白车身;B面,不重要表面,比如内饰表面;C面,不可见表面。这其实就是A级曲面的基础。  
但是现在随着美学和舒适性的要求日益提高,对汽车内饰件也提到了A-Class的要求。因而分类随之简化,A面,可见(甚至是可触摸)表面;B面,不可见表面。  
这是历史,是由来。  

作者: sedanren    时间: 2004-3-20 08:43
多谢老兄!
作者: jisx0404    时间: 2004-3-20 09:26
长见识
作者: 叶落秋风    时间: 2004-3-20 09:30
原来人人都喜欢好看!
作者: auto-lyw    时间: 2004-3-21 16:01
Berserk (Automotive) Feb 17, 2003  
What is Body_in_white?  
What is class A surface?  
Are the interior trim (A,B,C pillar, dash board, center console, handles) of a car using class A surface?  
Anybody using the basic design bundle of UG for class A surfacing? UG\Shape Studio?  
How does it compare with Catia?  

Chr1s (Automotive) Feb 17, 2003  
A class A surface is anything that you the customer sees. i,e exterior panels and interior surfaces.  

A Class B surface is something that is not always visible i.e. the underside of a fascia that you would have to bend down to see.  

A Class C surface is the back side ofa part of a surface that is permanently covered by another part.  

BIW is stuff like the body side etc..  

gdodd (Automotive) Feb 17, 2003  
Actually 'body in white' is the term used to describe the whole vehicle body after it has been welded/bolted together before it is painted or any parts are attached on the fit up line.  

GregLocock (Automotive) Feb 17, 2003  
We also use it to mean after it has been painted - I always assumed that the white bit refers to primer. Next step is to fit the windscreen and backlight, when it becomes the glazed body in white, or BIW+G.  

Cheers  

Greg Locock  

rahulpathare (Automotive) Feb 19, 2003  
A support to GregLocock & gdodd, BIW meaning Body In White is so called due to its appearance after the application of the primer to the entirely Body panel assembled vehicle just before going into the painting process.  

Usually the primer is white or silver grey which gives the so called name.  

Rahul  

Berserk (Automotive) Feb 19, 2003  
Thank you for clearing up what BIW and the different Class surfaces.  

I understand that Catia is mostly used for BIW design (Ford switching to catia, and Toyota). Is this because it  
could easily create quintic surfaces? With UG with Design bundle only, most of the surfaces created are cubic.  

Would this affect the Class A surfacing? Our company is  
planning on doing interior trim design for GM. Would we need UG/Shape Studio? Or cubic surfaces would be enough.  

suren7669 (Automotive) Apr 17, 2003  
Hello friend  

A_class surface means - it is not just seen surface and unseen  
surface  

In normal no technical words, A_class surface means  

It is smooth looking reflective surface with no distortion of light  
highlites, which moves in a smooth uniform designer intended  
formations.  

when you create - car body panel, due to their complex shapes  
it not possible to create the surface with one single face /patch  
so you make multiple face/patch  
( surface is a group of face/patch added together.)  

when these things are added, at the boundary of joining you need to have connectivity and continuation of minimum order two.  

for example  

In case one, at the connecting boundary of two patches you have common boundary but it is sharp corner. this does not qualify as A_class surface.  

In case two - at the connecting boundary of two patches have common boundary and no sharp corner - but you have tangent  
continuity, this also does not qualify as A_class surface.  

In case two - at the connecting boundary of two patches have common boundary and no sharp corner - you have tangent  
continuity and curveture continuity this does qualify as A_class surface.  

( ps: sine curve is good example for curveture continuity. but you can not call it a A_class surface )  

reason is very simple the real requirement of asthetic and good looking and designer intended shape is not there.  

i am yet to complete this topic  

see you some other time.  

Suren  

jagadeesha (Automotive) May 8, 2003  
Hear is a further understanding of Class-A surfacing based on experiences with two automotive companies and whites goods manufacturers. They independently have the same definition for the classification.  

The physical meaning:  

Class A refers to those surfaces, which are CURVATURE continuous to each other at their respective boundaries. Curvature continuity means that at each "point" of each surface along the common boundary has the  
  same radius of curvature.  

This is different to surfaces having;  

Tangent continuity - which is directional continuity without radius continuity - like fillets.  
 &nbspoint continuity - only touching without directional (tangent) or curvature equivalence.  

In fact, tangent and point continuity is the entire basis most industries (aerospace, shipbuilding, BIW etc etc). For these applications, there is generally no need for curvature.  

By definition:  

Class A surface refers to those surfaces which are VISIBLE and abide to the physical meaning, in a product. This classification is primarily used in the automotive and increasingly in consumer goods  
  (toothbrushes, PalmPC's, mobile phones, washing machines, toilet lids etc etc etc). It is a requirement where aesthetics has a significant contribution. For this reason the exterior of automobiles are deemed  
  Class-A. BIW is NOT Class-A. The exterior of you sexy toothbrush is Class-A, the interior with ribs and inserts etc is NOT Class-A.  

Witho (Mechanical) Jun 26, 2003  
BIW - Some surfaces are Class A, i.e. bodyside, roof, sill applique.  

I heard some time ago from a old designer that the term BIW comes from when cars were built from wood, they were painted white as it gives the frame a uniform colour so imperfections were easily visible.  
I am very interested to find out where this term originated.  

And finally, the only reason why Ford is switching to Catia is simply that GM have got there tongues somewhere near EDS's butt and catia is the obvious (ind.Standard) choice.  
Plus, they are not switching straight away, prob around V11 I-deas.  

sahir (Mechanical) Jun 27, 2003  
Hi everyone... try this link..and take a virtual plant tour from the drop-down menu to know more about BiW..  

https://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/en/morning.php  

Good Day...Sahir  

rahulpathare (Automotive) Jul 9, 2003  
Berserk,  

Regarding your query on obtaining Class-A surfaces, CATIA is more commonly used due to its inherent ability to model very high quality surfaces in general.  
But, any engineering software (CATIA, UG, IDEAS, Pro-E, etc) cannot, I repeat cannot develop a Class-A surface. This being due to engineering calculations involved in any surface generated by such softwares. For pure Class-A surfaces you would need styling softwares like Alias, Studio, etc.  

The use of any software would depend on the level of expectations placed on you. If your projects need only the modelling of the trim, generic engg softwares will do, but if you intend to go down right from styling, you would need Studio, etc.  

GregLocock your comments are required.....  

eggsackley (Automotive) Jul 15, 2003  
IHO, Catia V4 has added a tool called Blendsurf that is able to obtain virtual curvature continuity. Previously, even styling was comfortable with models- and hence tools- defining fillets with conics, and many OEMs still accept this for Class-A surfaces. Catia V5 has GUI interfaces to impose curvature continuity the same way that Alias-Wavefront Studio Tools (AutoStudio) does. They are both based on piece-wise polynomial equations, for what its worth. While a conic fillet is not technically curvature continuous, there are many vehicles, including luxury models,that have utilized them for Class-A surfaces and downstream- parts. Considering the tolerances in creating molds and dies and then producing parts from them.... a sheet metal panel is not a math model.  

Berserk (Automotive) Jul 18, 2003  
I got a situation where I need to fix  
imported data (IGS to UG)for a center console wherein  
the front surface was really bad.  
I got to smoothen it out in UG (took a long time)  
but the adjoining surfaces is still off a bit  
when looking at it using reflection.  

The styling guy said that it would do for now and  
they would wait for the first shots from the mold  
to see if we still need to tweak it.  

It is very hard to make the curvature continuous surfaces  
just by using UGNX. I tried all the sweeps, swept, blends,  
bridge, etc, smoothen constructions curves, make tangent, etc. but still the adjoining surfaces is still off.  
The only way I could fix that is to recreate the adjoing surfaces too. All surfaces that should be tangent has to be recreated which is a pain in the ...  

suren7669 (Automotive) Aug 6, 2003  
Hello friends ,  

Berserk  

It is true i agree with you, it is tough to make good curvature continuos surface in UG, but not impossible.  

Remember one thing A-class doesn't mean just curvature continuity. and smooth reflections on CAD surface. it is lot more than that.  

Imagine. what happens to your A_class surface in case pressed sheet metal body panel. and molded plastic components.  

They have to retain there intended smoothness and other  
characteristics to remain A_class. to achieve this lot of other things has to be taken care while designing A_class surfaces  

For example :  
1- Line features on body side external panel and feature on hood panel which is very common, are to be designed to avoid skidding while they are pressed. like wise  
2 -Flange width and other things are to be taken care while designing fenders wheel arch area for avoiding bulging effect and skidding effect.  
3 - Fuel lid opening area, plunged flange for bulge effect.  
4 - Panel stretching needs to be taken care.  

Lot many other things go in designing A_class sheet metal panels for door , roof etc.  

5 - In case of plastic, sink marks and other things.  

For your case of centre console ,even a smooth second order continuity surface is good enough. What your friend says is true  
wait for the molded component.  

Good luck friend  

Suren  

sean01 (Automotive) Aug 18, 2003  
In Europe an 'A' class surface is generally taken to be the visible side of any component / assembly - a 'B' class surface generally relates to the opposite (or inside) face of an 'A' surface - ie the surface which defines the thickness of the part, and is where the mounting and reinforcing detail tends to be located. 'B' class surfaces can also be referred to as 'engineering surfaces. I have not personally heard of any surface being referred to as a 'C' type.  

Catia, while it is ok for surfacing tends to be more used for generating engineering surface detail and solid models - software packages like ICEMSURF tend to be more used for generating visual quality surfaces.  

best wishes  

sean  

willin (Mechanical) Sep 9, 2003  
in UG,class A means G2 connection,B means G1 connection,C means G0 connection,you can easily find it by surface reflection. i think UG studio is quit usefull.  

vamsinulu (Automotive) Sep 19, 2003  
Hi friends,  
A-class surface is nothing but the smooth outer surface of a body or part which is visble. The surface should have point, tangent and curvature continuties.  
for example: if u put light on a surface nd if the reflection is perfect then, we can say its a A-calss. surface.  
vamsi  

DaveHag (Automotive) Nov 26, 2003  
True A-class surfacing - especially on vehicle exteriors goes further than G2 or "curvature" continuity.  
G3 is often sought on the more major block surfaces.  
G3 deals with curvature "acceleration", ie the rate of change of curvature across a boundary.  
G2 means as has been described before that the curvature value is the same across a boundary. G3 means that the surface curvature leading to the boundary is changing shape at the same rate.  
Its like driving a car round a bend, you start off straight then gently add steering lock to the point where you need no more, then yougently wind off the steering until you're straight again. If you look at the curve your car made, this would be G3.  
A-Class and B-class would refer to surface quality required for the component which is different to A-side and B-side which refers to which is the visible/non visible part of a component.  
ICEM surf is considered the best tool for speedy A-class surfacing due to the sophistication of its real-time diagnostics. This is not an advert for ICEMsurf - I'm just a user. Hope you found that fun!!!  

来段E文的!
作者: realblue    时间: 2004-3-26 19:04
太感谢了,正是所需要的。楼主,您的这些资料都是哪里来的?能给小弟介绍一下吗?
作者: auto-lyw    时间: 2004-3-27 09:22
哦,www.billwang.net上有,你去好好看看吧。

作者: cx6024    时间: 2004-3-27 13:59
谢谢了,我一直弄不清的问题搞懂了
作者: zsw_1    时间: 2004-3-27 18:44
请帮忙看看,谢谢!
作者: HENRY1    时间: 2005-11-19 14:49
多谢

欢迎光临 iCAx开思网 (https://www.icax.org/) Powered by Discuz! X3.3